Search This Blog

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Glory

I know this is long overdue however I promise this is applicable to today. I was in a cafe the other day and two women were talking about Diana and Kate and making comparisons. My personal opinion: there is no comparison. Although Kate has made a great impression on the world thus far whether it be with fashion or with her humbleness, Diana's footprint will never fade.
Her love for the world was heartwarming; it's as if all eyes were on her all the time. She was a fashion icon (as you can see above). I believe that some of those items are still worn today which is fabulous. It's as if the royal are walking among us...I think that she wouldn't consider herself royal. She would probably say: "Everyone is equal and if I do have money, I am going to be putting good use to it." Which she did and it touched many in various countries. The hungry were touched by a hand that normally would push people aside and what a wonderful thought.
Now, regarding fashion, I believe that Kate has been humble by re-wearing garments and proving to the world that she is an everyday woman (which is Diana's motto). However, Kate needs to remember that Diana was not only a fashion icon but she was a woman of many talents. A philanthropist, a person who cared for suffering people who had been neglected, and a great mother...oh and a fashion icon.
We will not consider this a war between princess because it will taint both reputations. However, I strongly believe comparing the two is such a shame. Diana's legacy cannot be replaced by any princess or queen- and no apology is necessary.
Until next time: have fun surviving in this urban jungle---xoxo Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment